Thursday, November 8, 2018

Book Review: The Woman in the Window


"The Woman in the Window" by A.J. Finn

Publication Date-January 2, 2018

Genre-Adult, Mystery, Thriller

BOTM Hardcover-431 Pages

Rating-5/5 Lily Pads

Would I Recommend It? Yes!!!

No Spoilers!!


Introduction

Hey everyone! How are you? I hope you're doing well. I have a new review for you. Today I am reviewing a book that was my very first adult thriller book. That book is "The Woman in the Window". This was an amazing thriller! Let's talk about it!

Plot-5/5

Okay, let's start with the plot of the book. I thought the plot was amazing and it's what drew me to this book in the first place. I've never read a book where the main character suffers from Agoraphobia. The plot really intrigued me because the main character, Anna spends her days indoors and she spies on her neighbors. I've never read a book like this before so I was very intrigued. I read the flap but I didn't want to know too much about the book because it's best to go into thrillers blind. 

Writing-5/5

I'll admit that I wasn't a huge fan of the writing in the beginning because I thought it was kind of confusing. But then after I continued the writing became easier to read. You just have to get used to the writing. This book doesn't have a lot of dialogue since your reading from Anna's pov and she stays in her house. I honestly thought the writing was beautiful. He's pretty descriptive but I just really liked the writing. It made the book easy to read. 

Pacing-5/5

I can't believe this is his first novel! You have to be really talented to write a good thriller and he did a fantastic job! Of course the pacing is going to be slow because you follow her day to day life indoors but I didn't find it boring at all. It was really interesting and there were times where I couldn't put it down. The book really gripped me and it kept me at the edge of my seat, I was so hooked! The ending was more fast paced because a lot gets revealed. I was captivated by every sentence and every word. 

Cover-5/5

I actually really like the cover. It describes the book pretty well. It's very vague and that's how the book is. 

Characters-5/5

I really liked all of the characters. Anna was so interesting to read about. I like reading books about mental health. Anna suffers from Agoraphobia and depression and it was so fun and also depressing reading from her pov but I loved it. I really liked her, she is a nice person and very caring. I felt sorry for her because of her family and what she has to go through every day. I also thought it was cool that she is a child psychologist. I just really liked her and her character development at the end was amazing! I liked her other neighbors, they were interesting to read about. I really liked Ethan, he was an intriguing character. 

Plot Twists/Ending-5/5

Like I said before, this was my first adult thriller so the plot twists blew me away! I didn't see them coming at all and when they did, I was so shocked! This book made me think a lot. I kept wondering if I should believe Anna or not. She drinks a lot and always takes drugs so she suffers from hallucinations so you don't know if she's telling the truth or not. The ending was amazing! I'm not going to say anything else because I don't want you to get spoiled. 

Overall Thoughts

This book was so good!! It's definitely one of the best books I've read in 2018. I need to read more thrillers now. I will totally read the author's next book someday. If you love thrillers I definitely recommend this book, it was so amazing! I think it's a great starter book if your getting into the genre. I think everyone should pick up this book, and it's worth a buy. Obviously I gave the book 5/5 Lily Pads. I would love to reread it right now but I need to read my TBR books. 
So that was my review. As always, thank you so much for reading. Have a great day and keep reading!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment