Monday, June 11, 2018

Update and a Mini Review for "To Kill A Kingdom"


Hey guys! I know it's been a month since I last posted. I didn't realize it's been that long, lol! I haven't been reading as much because I've been busy working two jobs. I wanted to let you know that I am still reading. I recently dnf-ed a book and didn't want to write a review for it because I only write reviews for books that I've fully completed. Anyway, the book I didn't finish was "War Storm" by Victoria Aveyard. I love the "Red Queen" series but this book was hard for me to get through and I spoiled myself by reading reviews, and I found out this book wasn't worth finishing. Spoilers!!
It has a really stupid ending. I got about halfway through the book when I saw the spoilers and they were so bad, I decided I didn't want to waste my time reading this big, boring book so I officially put it down. If you don't wanna get spoiled please go down to the next paragraph. Basically, "War Storm" has no official ending, it's basically open-ended and I hate books like that! Nothing was resolved, a favorite character of mine dies and my favorite couple doesn't even end up together! I was so mad and I'm warning you not to read "War Storm" because you will be disappointed with the ending and don't waste your time reading that huge book because there's no ending. 

Anyway, let me update you on the last book I read. So I just recently finished "To Kill A Kingdom" by Alexandra Christo. It was pretty good, I gave it 4/5 Lily Pads. I really don't feel like writing a full review for it because I don't have much to say about it. So I'm going to give you a quick review here right now. 

So I really enjoyed the book. It was a good, dark, retelling of "The Little Mermaid" with sirens in it. I love any books with mermaids and sirens and this book didn't disappoint me. At first I wasn't a huge fan of the main characters but after awhile they grew on me. I liked the setting too. The reason why I knocked down a rating is just because it wasn't amazing to me. I wasn't blown away by it but it was still a good, fun book. So yeah, overall, it was a pretty good book and you should read it if you love siren books. Like I said before, I don't have much to say about it so I'm gonna end my review here. 

So that was my little update and review. I'm planning on reading "Spindle Fire" by Lexa Hillyer next because I really wanna read it but also because I checked it out from my library and I need to read it before it's due. Thank you for reading this update and stay tuned for more posts. Have a great day and happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment