Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Book Review: The Dragon's Price

"The Dragon's Price" by Bethany Wiggins(Transference #1)

Publication Date-February 21, 2017

Genre-Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance

Hardcover Edition-304 Pages

Rating-5/5 Lily Pads

Would I Recommend It? Yes!
No Spoilers!!

Introduction

Hello guys, I'm back again with a review. Today I am reviewing the only book I've read in March so far, which is "The Dragon's Price". March has been a busy month for me so I didn't get much reading done. I'm glad I finally managed to finish this book and I loved it!

Goodreads Summary

When two warring kingdoms unified against a deadly menace laying waste to both their lands, they had to make a choice: vow to marry their heirs to one another, or forfeit their lives to the dragon.

Centuries later, everyone expects the sheltered princess Sorrowlynn to choose the barbarian prince over the fire-breathing beast—everyone, that is, except Sorrow, who is determined to control her own destiny or die trying.

As she is lowered into the dragon’s chamber, she assumes her life is over until Golmarr, the young prince she just spurned, follows her with the hopes of being her hero and slaying the dragon. But the dragon has a different plan. . . .

If the dragon wins, it will be freed from the spell that has bound it to the cave for centuries. If Sorrow or Golmarr vanquish the dragon, the victor will gain its treasure and escape the cave beneath the mountain. But what exactly is the dragon hiding?

There are no safe havens for Sorrow or Golmarr—not even with each other—and the stakes couldn’t be higher as they risk everything to protect their kingdom.
 

Plot-5/5

You should know by now that I love my Fantasy books. When I first read the summary of this book I knew I had to read it. Anything with royalty and dragons are right up my alley. It just sounded so cool and unique. 

Writing-5/5

This is my first book from the author and I loved her writing style. I can't really explain why, I just found it beautiful at times. 

Pacing-5/5

The pacing was great, I was never bored. This book took me a long time to finish but that was because I've been busy. 

Cover-3/5

I'm not a fan of the cover at all. This book is so wonderful and it deserves a way better cover. 

Characters-5/5

I loved the characters in this book! Especially the main character, Sorrowlynn. She's not your typical princess. She's very strong and kind and I really liked her. I loved Golmarr so much! He is one of my new book boyfriend's now. I don't know why they all come from Fantasy books, haha but I just love guys in the Fantasy genre. Golmarr is so sweet, kind and very brave. They both reminded me of "Emma" and "Eadric" from my favorite series "The Frog Princess" series. I don't know why, their characters just reminded me of them. I guess that's a good thing and that's probably why I loved this book so much. I got "Frog Princess" vibes while reading this book. By the way, if you haven't read my favorite series then what are you doing? I'll admit that the romance was very insta-lovey but it honestly didn't bother me at all in this book. I think it's because I already knew that going in so I was kind of expecting it. I also don't care because I love those two together! I kind of liked Golmarr's family even though I don't trust them. I feel like there's going to be a betrayal in the next book. Maybe I'm just paranoid because I've read so many Fantasy books. I liked Sorrow's sisters but I hated her parents. They were so cruel to her. How could you treat your daughter like that and not care if she dies? I loved Enzio, he is a good guy. I believe those are all of the characters. But anyway, the character development in this book is amazing!

Ending-4/5

The ending isn't the greatest but I'm really curious to see what happens next. 

Overall Thoughts

Overall, I loved this book! I don't understand why it's so underrated. If you love Fantasy, you need to read this book! Please give it some love. I have the sequel "The Dragon's Curse" and I'm definitely going to read it very soon so stay tuned for a review for that book. This book is definitely worth a buy. Yeah, all you should know is that I loved this book! I obviously gave it 5/5 Lily Pads.  That was my review. Thank you for reading. Have a great day and happy reading! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment