Monday, July 24, 2017

Book Review: Tidal

"Tidal" by Amanda Hocking(Watersong #3)

Publication Date-June 4th, 2013

Genre-Young Adult, Fantasy, Mermaids, Romance

Hardcover Edition-342 Pages

Rating-4/5 Lily Pads

Would I Recommend It? If you liked the first two books you'll definitely like this one

No Spoilers!!

Favorite Quotes:

"In these moments, when her entire body was tingling and joy was rushing over her like a tidal wave, Gemma couldn't feel any anxiety or fear or worry. She actually became incapable of it. The only thing she felt-the only thing that mattered-was the ocean"-Page 76

"There's one good thing about making mistakes." Thea turned to her with a smile. "You learn not to make them again."-Page 212

"I think it will show you that sometimes you have to move on," Brian said. "Sometimes bad things happen, and it's nobody's fault, but you can't dwell on them. You have to make the best of this life, and I don't think I've been a good example of that."-Page 265

"Does it make me a horrible, selfish person if I say that I want to go?" She looked over at him. "That I want to do this?" He smiled. "No, it doesn't. It's okay to go after your dreams, especially when you've worked so hard for them."-Page 278

Hey there bookworms, I'm back with a review. I am reviewing "Tidal". I read the first two books in the "Watersong" series years ago and never continued. I finally read this book and I really enjoyed it. I didn't love it as much as the first two books but it was still a good book. Let's get on with the review. 

The Plot-4/5

This book doesn't really have much of a plot. The other two books were more plot driven. However, I never thought this book was slow so I'm giving it a 4. 

The Writing-5/5

I know Amanda's writing isn't the best out there, but I still really like her writing. She's one of my favorite authors so of course I have to give her writing style a perfect rating. 

The Pacing-5/5

"Tidal" isn't as fast paced as the other two books but it didn't bother me. I was never bored, it kept my attention the whole time so I'm giving it a perfect rating.

The Cover-5/5

I love the cover's for this series! They are so beautiful! How can you not love them. 

The Characters-5/5

I honestly love the characters in this book! I love Gemma and Harper. They are so different but I love their sisterly relationship. It reminds me of me and my sisters. They are such nice girls. I love Thea, and Alex. I also love Daniel, he's definitely my favorite character in the series besides Harper. He's like the perfect guy and I love that he's always there for Gemma and Harper. Speaking of them, I love their relationship. They are the perfect couple, I love them together. I'm not gonna say any more because I go more in depth with the characters in my review for "Wake". 

Enjoyment-5/5

I enjoyed reading this book. It was a nice, quick read. This series is so fun to read. 

My overall rating is 4/5 Lily Pads because I really liked this book but I didn't love it and I didn't think it was worthy of five Lily Pads. It was a great book though and I can't wait to read the last book "Elegy." I'm excited to see what happens. I still love this series and I'm curious to see how I feel about the last book. This book is worth a buy and I highly recommend it. I forgot to mention that I never wrote a review for the second book "Lullaby."  So that is my review. Thank you so much for reading. I will have more posts coming soon. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment