Sunday, July 16, 2017

Book Review: Rocked Up

"Rocked Up" by Karina Halle & Scott Mackenzie"

Publication Date-May 17, 2017

Genre-New Adult, Romance

Kindle Edition-253 Pages

Rating-5/5 Lily Pads

Would I Recommend It? Yes, I loved this book!

Beware of Spoilers!!

Favorite Quotes:

"It's interesting, beauty, how often times people are beautiful because of how they see the world rather than how the world sees them."

"Baby, nothing is going to keep me away from you. Not your father, not the band. If it's a risk, I don't care. You are worth that risk."


Hey guys, I'm back with a review. I am reviewing "Rocked Up". This is a newer release by Karina Halle and her husband. I've never read a book from her before but I've heard great things about her. I was really interested in this book, it sounded good. I'm so glad I read it because I loved this book! Let's get on to the review.

The Plot-5/5

First of all, I love Rock Star Romance books. I love reading about musicians because I'm sort of a musician myself. This book revolves around a band because the main character Lael, becomes a member in the band. Her father owns the recording company that the band is under. She is a musician and wants to perform and make it big. She's always been in love with Brad who is the lead guy in the band and he is a heartthrob. The book is basically about her going on tour with the band and she ends up getting pregnant. I'm not gonna say anything else, because you should find out for yourself. Anyway, I loved the plot of this book so I obviously gave it a perfect rating.

The Writing-5/5

Like I said before this was my first book from her so I wasn't sure what her writing style is like. I really like her writing style. It's hard for me to explain because I'm not judge mental when it comes to writing, but just know that I really like her writing. Also I love that this book is in multiple pov's. I'm so glad I got to be inside Brad's head too. I love reading the guy's pov, especially in New Adult. 

The Pacing-5/5

Since this book is pretty short, I had no problem with the pacing, it was perfect. It kept my attention the whole time I was reading the book. 

The Cover-5/5

I love the cover, that's all you need to know :)

The Characters-5/5

I absolutely loved the characters in this book. Well, actually I didn't like all of them but I loved the main characters and that's all that matters. I really liked Lael. She was very likable. One of the reasons why I love the New Adult genre is because the characters are so relatable and very realistic. I loved that her dream was to be a musician and wanted do it for a living. I loved reading about her in the band. I just really liked her. She's very kind and sweet and I felt bad for her because of what she had to deal with because of her Dad. I didn't like her Dad, he was a jerk. He did redeem himself at the end but I still wasn't a fan of him. I loved Brad. I loved that he wasn't your typical bad boy/jerk/player. He's not any of those things. He had a rough childhood so he's kind and humble, he's not a jerk at all. I thought he stood out from other New Adult books just because he was always a great guy and I can understand why all the girls, especially Lael, loved him. He is such a caring guy and I loved that about him. I just loved him and Lael together. They are such an amazing and perfect couple. They made mistakes but they were always there for each other. I love how when Brad found out Lael was pregnant with his baby, he didn't leave her. He changed his life for her and the baby. I liked all the side characters except for Calvi, I didn't trust him. 

Enjoyment-5/5

Even though this book took me a while to finish, I found it very enjoyable. There were some funny moments in this book that made me laugh. I had fun reading this book. It was sort of a light book but it also had depth to it, so it's not a completely fluffy read. 

My overall rating is 5/5 Lily Pads. I loved this book! I really think more people need to read it. Even though it's sort of a newer book it's still underrated. If you love New Adult Romance or books about Rock Stars then I highly recommend this book. This book is definitely worth a buy, I actually pre-ordered it on kindle because I was so excited to read it. Anyway that was my review. I will definitely be reading more of her books in the future. Thank you for reading and I will have more posts coming soon so stay tuned. Have a great day and happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment