Saturday, March 11, 2017

Book Review: Wait For You


"Wait For You" by Jennifer L. Armentrout(Wait for You series #1)

Genre-New Adult, Romance, Contemporary

Paperback Edition-360 Pages

5/5 Lily Pads

Would I Recommend It? Yes!!

Trigger warning: Mentions of self-harm and rape that happened in the past

No Spoilers!!

Favorite Quotes:

"Everything was okay. Maybe not perfect, but life wasn't meant to be perfect. It was messy and sometimes it was a disaster, but there was beauty in the messiness and there could be peace in the disaster".

“What are you up to?”

“Oh, you know, mischief and mayhem,” he replied.

“That so reminds me of Harry Potter,” Brit said, sighing. “I need a re-read.”

We all turned to her. Two bright spots appeared in her cheeks as she tossed her blonde hair back. “What? I’m not ashamed to admit that random things remind me of Harry Potter.” 



Hey guys, I'm finally back. It's been a week since I last posted. A week ago I started "Wait For You" but then I got into a slump so I stopped reading for a couple of days. After the slump was over I picked up the book again and finally finished it. I loved this book! This book has been on my TBR for years! Jennifer Armentrout is one of my favorite authors and this book did not disappoint. Read on to find out why I loved this book. 


The Plot

Some things are worth waiting for.

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago--an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe--please God--make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn't need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she's building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing.

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that's just so... so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet.

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she's has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for.


My Opinion

First of all, I love the New Adult genre. I haven't read too many NA books yet but I fell in love with this genre a couple of years ago. So this book has been on my TBR for a long time and I've had this book sitting on my shelf for two years. I'm so glad I finally read this book. I don't know why I waited so long to read it honestly. After recently finishing her "Lux" series and loving it I obviously needed to read more of her work. This book did not disappoint me. It's a combination of two things I love. New Adult Romance and Jennifer Armentrout are the best combination ever. 

I just love her writing style. I'll admit that her style isn't very unique, but I love the way she tells her stories. Her books are usually in first person, which I love. She does a great job at pacing her books. I was never bored and the book never dragged for me. If I didn't have other things going on I could've read this book in a day or two instead of a week. 

As for the plot I'm not going to say much about it because it's contemporary. It's just about a girl in college with a tragic past. I love reading books about college so I liked the plot of this book. 

Last but not least, I'm going to talk about the characters because they are the reason I gave this book 5/5 Lily Pads. I loved the characters in this book. Jennifer is always really good at developing her characters. I find her characters very realistic and relatable. 

Speaking of relatable I loved the main character, Avery. 
She was such an awkward girl and I could so relate to that. She didn't know what to say to people and would run away whenever she was around certain guys. She never dated before so that's why she didn't know how to act around boys. I could totally relate to her because I'm an awkward person. I'm very socially awkward and I've never had a boyfriend either so I was able to connect with her a lot. She was just an amazing protagonist. I have to say that I hated her parents. If you read the book, you'll know why. They were just so awful. They didn't believe Avery even though she was telling the truth. It irritated me that they didn't even care about her when she left them. They were just very cold to her and they made me so mad. Good parents should believe and support their children no matter what, and Avery's parents did the complete opposite.  They didn't encourage Avery to tell the truth, they told her to lie and to never speak up for herself, which is so wrong. Overall, I really didn't like them. I'm glad my parents aren't like that. 

I really liked Cam. He was such a great guy. I love that Avery and Cam both have lots of flaws. They both had a tragic past and I love that they helped each other move on. I also love how supportive they are for each other. They never judged each other for the things they did in the past.I loved that there was no insta-love in this book. Avery and Cam built up a great friendship first and I loved that about the book. I love when the guy and the girl are friends first.  Cam is  your typical arrogant, bad boy but he's not a jerk. He's not a player. He's very sweet and nice and I love how close he is to his family. Cam is very protective of his little sister which was also very sweet. He is a perfect boyfriend and I just loved him. I loved his little sister Teresa. She wasn't in the book much but the next book "Be With Me" is her story so I'm excited to get to know her more. 

As for the side characters, I loved all of them. I loved Avery's friends, Britt and Jacob. They were so cool and funny, their conversations made me laugh at times. They were very nice to Avery and they supported her relationship with Cam. They always encouraged her to go out with Cam. They were good friends and I really loved them. I also loved Cam's best friend Jase and Ollie was a great guy too. 

What I learned: Since this wasn't a huge coming of age novel, I can't think of a lot of things that I learned. But one thing I learned from this book is, you have to let go of your past if you want to have a great life in the present and future. It may take years to get over a tragic thing, but you become a much stronger person in the end. The important thing is to tell the truth no matter what, or else you'll really regret it. 

The character development in this book was amazing and that's why I loved the book so much. It's Jennifer Armentrout, she can do no wrong. She's one of my favorite authors and I can't wait to read more from her. I also can't wait to continue this series. Hopefully I like the other books as much as I love this one. So yeah guys that was my review. If you love New Adult books definitely give this one a try. If your a fan of Jennifer Armentrout pick up this book even if your not a contemporary fan. This book is definitely worth a buy and I obviously gave it 5/5 Lily Pads. Thank you so much for reading this review. Stay tuned for a review for the next book "Be With Me". Have a great day and happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment