Monday, August 14, 2017

Book Review: P.S. I Still Love You

"P.S. I Still Love You" by Jenny Han(To All The Boys #2)

Publication Date-May 26, 2015

Genre-Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Hardcover Edition-337 Pages

Rating-4/5 Lily Pads

Would I Recommend It? Yes

No Spoilers!!

Favorite Quotes:

"Maybe really, really good things aren't meant to last for too long; maybe that's what makes them all the more sweet, the temporariness of them."-Page 260

"People come in and out of your life. For a time they are your world; they are everything. And then one day they're not. There's no telling how long you will have them near. It's the goodbyes that are hard."-Page 334

Hey guys, I'm back with another review. I just finished a book that I started months ago and put down because I wasn't in the mood to read it at the time. I decided to try picking it back up again and I'm so glad I finished it. That book is "P.S. I Still Love You" by Jenny Han. This is the second book in the "To All The Boys" trilogy. I have to say, I liked this book but not as much as the first book. Let's get on to the review.

Plot-4/5

This book isn't very plot-driven. I felt that more things happened in the first book and that's one of the reasons why I loved the first book better. This one didn't capture my attention and it wasn't as addicting as "To All The Boys I've Loved Before". 

Writing-5/5

Jenny is such a great author and I love her writing so it gets a perfect rating from me. 

Pacing-4.5/5

Like I said before this sequel wasn't as fast-paced as the first book but it was still good. Even though it took me months to read, I was never bored while reading it. I felt that the ending was rushed though. I know it was originally going to be the last book, but it was a weird ending. 

Cover-5/5

I just love these covers so I'm giving it a perfect rating. 

Characters-4.5/5

I guess I'm biased since I read her 'Summer I Turned Pretty" trilogy first years ago and it's one of my favorite trilogies ever. I think the character development is way better in that series than this one. I'll tell you why I didn't give the characters a five in this series. 
I really love Lara Jean, she is a great protagonist and I find her very relatable. I love her sisters, Margot and Kitty and her Dad. I love  all the side characters  except for Gen. The one character that stopped me from giving it a full five is because of Peter. I know I'm probably in the minority but I'm just not a fan of Peter. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad guy. I like him, but I don't love him. I honestly think Lara Jean deserves better than him. He's a nice guy but he can be selfish and rude at times and he's self-centered. I guess I'm not a fan of popular high school jocks. I just don't think him and Lara Jean are a good couple. They are very different, their personalities don't really mix in my opinion. I also couldn't stand his relationship with Gen. I understand that he wanted to help Gen but I felt he spent more time with her in this book than with his girlfriend, Lara Jean. So yeah, I'm not in love with him, his character is kind of dull. There are moments when he can be really sweet but I just never cared for him. The reason I gave this book 4 Lily Pads is because of John Ambrose McClaren. I loved him so much!He is such a great guy! He's like the perfect guy and he's so nice and sweet. I liked him so much better than Peter. John is everything I love in a guy, he really made the book for me. He was the best part of this book. I loved him with Lara Jean, I really wanted them to be together. They would make a way better couple in my opinion. I am Team John all the way!

Overall Thoughts

Overall, I liked this book but didn't love it. I don't know what's wrong with me. It seems like everyone else loves this series but I honestly think it's overhyped. It was a fun book to read but I definitely liked the first book better. Even though I don't love this series, I'm still going to read the last book "Always and Forever, Lara Jean" because I wanna see what happens. If you liked the first book, I'm sure you'll like this one. This book is worth a buy. So yeah, that was my review. Stay tuned for my review for the last book. Thank you for reading this review. Have a great day and happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment