Saturday, May 13, 2017

Book Review: Ensnared


"Ensnared" by A.G. Howard(Splintered #3)

Publication Date-January 13, 2015

Paperback Edition-416 Pages

Genre-Young Adult, Fantasy, Retellings, Romance

Rating-5/5 Lily Pads

Would I Recommend It? If you loved the other books I highly recommend this one!

No Spoilers!!

Favorite Quotes:

Page 1-"I once thought memories were something better left behind...frozen pockets of time you could revisit for sentimental value, but more of an indulgence than a necessity. That was before I realized memories could be the key to moving forward, to recovering the fate and future of everyone you love and treasure most in the world".

Page-175
"I love your faults and imperfections. Your kind heart, the scars that match mine, and the struggles to find ourselves. I want your humaness. Nothing else."

Hey bookworms. I finished "Ensnared" last night and loved it! This trilogy was amazing and it's definitely a favorite series of mine now. I'm so sad it's over. This series was an incredible journey and I'm so glad I experienced it. I have never read such a unique series before. This trilogy has a special place in my heart and it will always stand out to me. 

The Plot-5/5

I really liked the plot for this book because it took place in Wonderland again. I really liked reading about the real world in "Unhinged" but I missed reading about Wonderland so of course I had to give the plot a perfect rating. 

The Writing-5/5

As always, her writing style was so beautiful and amazing in this book. The way she describes Wonderland is so amazing, it's feels like your really there with Alyssa. She is definitely a favorite author of mine now, I just love her writing. 

The Pacing-5/5

I thought the pacing was fine. I wouldn't say the beginning was slow but it wasn't as fast paced as the second half. I think I just read this book at the wrong time because I was sort of confused throughout the second half. I think it's because I read this book late at night and I was exhausted so I'm sure my brain missed a lot of details but that's okay. It wasn't the book, it was me. 

The Cover-5/5

These covers are just the prettiest book covers ever! Even though my favorite cover is "Unhinged" I still love this cover. I love the red and Jeb's on it so I can't really complain :)

The World-5/5

If you've read this series you'll understand why I love the world so much. Wonderland is just such a beautiful, magical world and A.G. Howard did an amazing job with it. I had to give it a perfect rating because the world is what makes this series so unique and it really stands out from all the other Young Adult Fantasy settings. 

The Characters-5/5

Obviously I have to give the characters a perfect rating because I loved them so much! They are the reason why this is one of my favorite series now. I'm not gonna go into too much detail about them because I talked about them more in my review for "Splintered". But just know that I love these characters. Alyssa is such a great protagonist. I love how loyal she is to the human realm and wonderland. She's such a sweet, strong character. Jeb is just amazing, he's such a good guy and I'm so glad he got a happy ending because he deserves it. As for Morpheus, he was definitely my favorite character in this series. I love him because his character is so cool and complex. He is actually a really good person and I love his loyalty to Wonderland and Alyssa. I am so glad he finally got his happy ending with his one true love. I loved the ending so much. I'm not  gonna say what happens but the ending was just perfect. I love Allie's parents and I'm so happy for them.

Enjoyment-5/5

Just like with the other two this book was so much fun to read. I just loved these books, they were so easy to read and I found myself getting lost in the world so easily. It's hard to explain but it's just such a fun read. 

My overall rating for this book is 5/5 Lily Pads since all the categories got perfect ratings. This trilogy was just so perfect, I'm so glad I finally read it and I can't believe I waited so long. If you haven't read this series yet, you need to. It is the most unique series you'll ever read in your life. These books are worth a buy not just because of the gorgeous covers but because the insides are just as amazing. I definitely want to read "Untamed" some time but I don't know when I'll get to it because I'm on a book buying ban right now. I can't wait to read her other books, "Roseblood "and "The Architect of Song."  She is now one of my favorite authors and I can't wait to see what else she comes out with. That was my review. I'm sorry this review is up late. I wanted to finish the book sooner but I haven't been reading as much this week. Thank you so much for reading this review. Stay tuned for more coming soon and happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment