Monday, October 30, 2017

Book Review: Pivot Point

"Pivot Point" by Kasie West(Pivot Point #1)

Publication Date-February 12, 2013

Genre-Young Adult, Romance, Science Fiction, Contemporary

Hardcover Edition-343 Pages

Rating-4/5 Lily Pads

Would I Recommend It? Yes

No Spoilers!!

Introduction

Hello guys! I am back with a review. I am reviewing "Pivot Point". Even though this is Kasie West's first book, this is not the first book I read from her. I actually read "The Fill-In Boyfriend" earlier this year and loved it so much! I've been dying to read more of her books and I thought I would continue with this one because I wanna read her books in publication order and also because I've been wanting to read this book for years. I'm so glad I finally read this book because I really enjoyed it. I didn't love it as much as my first book by her but it was still good. Let's get on to the review. 

Goodreads Summary

Addison Coleman’s life is one big “What if?” As a Searcher, whenever Addie is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. It’s the ultimate insurance plan against disaster. Or so she thought. When Addie’s parents ambush her with the news of their divorce, she has to pick who she wants to live with—her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound to live among the “Norms,” or her mother, who is staying in the life Addie has always known. Addie loves her life just as it is, so her answer should be easy. One Search six weeks into the future proves it’s not.

In one potential future, Addie is adjusting to life outside the Compound as the new girl in a Norm high school where she meets Trevor, a cute, sensitive artist who understands her. In the other path, Addie is being pursued by the hottest guy in school—but she never wanted to be a quarterback’s girlfriend. When Addie’s father is asked to consult on a murder in the Compound, she’s unwittingly drawn into a dangerous game that threatens everything she holds dear. With love and loss in both lives, it all comes down to which reality she’s willing to live through... and who she can’t live without.

Plot-5/5

The premise of this book is really what made me interested in reading "Pivot Point" years ago. It's such a cool idea. I wish I could see the results of choices made in the future. It was such a unique and different idea. It was also very creative so I had to give the plot a perfect rating. 

Setting-5/5

I normally rate the world of the book but since this book reads like a Contemporary, it doesn't take place in a different world. It takes place in America. 

Writing-5/5

I obviously love Kasie's writing. Her writing style is very simple but she's so good at writing dialogue and that's why I love her. 

Pacing-5/5

The pacing was great in this book. This book basically tells two different stories, so I can't really judge the pacing in this book. I loved both stories though. 

Cover-5/5

I really like the cover. It's very cool and unique, that's all I'm going to say. 

The Characters-4/5

I really liked most of the characters. First, let's discuss Addie. I really liked her character and I found her relatable. She's kind of shy and not popular. She loves to read and I loved that about her. She was a really good, caring  person and you know I love nice characters. Overall, I just loved Addie. I loved reading from her perspective. 
I liked Addie's best friend, Laila. She was very out there and into boys but she was a good friend to Addie most of the time and I liked her character. 
The reason I didn't give this section a perfect rating is because of Duke. He's Addie's love interest in one of the stories. He's your typical popular, arrogant, football player with blonde hair and blue eyes. I sort of had mixed feelings about him. Duke was nice in the beginning but you find out something about him later on. I'm not gonna spoil anything, but it made me dislike him by the end of the book. 
But I absolutely loved Trevor! He is Addie's friend in the other story. I just loved his character so much! He is a football player, but he's shy and a geek at heart. He loves graphic novels and loves to draw. He is such a nice, sweet guy and I loved him. I wanted Addie to be with him instead of Duke. 
As for the side characters, they were well developed but I'm not going to say anything about them because that would take forever.

Ending-4/5

I didn't love the ending of this book. It wasn't a good ending and it was kind of sad. I do want to see what happens in the sequel.  

Overall Thoughts

Overall, I really enjoyed this book but I didn't love it like I loved "The Fill-In Boyfriend". It was good but not amazing. I feel like her other books won't compare to it but I'm biased because that was my first book from her. Hopefully her other books will amaze me too. There is a sequel to "Pivot Point" and I will probably read it sometime in the future. I'm not really dying to read it so it might be a long time before I get to "Split Second". I think this book is worth a buy because I bought my own copy years ago and just got to it. So yeah guys, that was my review. Thank you so much for reading. I'll have more posts coming soon so stay tuned. Bye and happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment