Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Book Review: The End of Oz

"The End of Oz" by Danielle Paige(Dorothy Must Die #4)

Publication Date- March 14, 2017

Hardcover Edition-278 pages

Genre-Young Adult, Fantasy, Retellings

Would I Recommend It? If you loved the other books, you'll love this one

Rating-5/5 Lily Pads

No Spoilers!!

Favorite Quote:

"None of us are entirely Wicked or entirely Good. Or entirely evil, for that matter. We are made of what shapes us."


Hey guys, I'm back with another review. I just finished a really quick read called "The End of Oz." This is the final book in the "Dorothy Must Die" series. I really enjoyed this series. Let's get on with the review.

Like with all of my sequels I'm not going to describe the plot because I don't wanna spoil the book. Let's just get on with my thoughts.

I really enjoyed this book. It wasn't my favorite in the series but it was still good. My favorite book is still "Yellow Brick War". 

I decided to try out a new rating system, I hope you like it.


Plot-5/5 
The Plot for this book was great. I already knew what was going to happen in this book since it's the last book so I'm giving it a high rating. 

Writing-5/5
I love her writing style as always so I had to give it a high rating. 

Pacing-5/5
The Pacing in this book was perfect. The book is less than 300 pages so I can't really complain about the pacing. It was never slow or boring. The first half was just as amazing as the second half even though the last half had more action. 

Cover-5/5
I'm not very good at judging book covers but I really like all of the covers in this series. The cover doesn't really describe what happens in the book but at least it stays true to the plot of the series. That's why I gave it a perfect rating. 

Characters-5/5
The characters in this series are awesome. I love all the characters. Amy is such a great protagonist. She's strong, kind and very selfless. I loved reading about her and found her relatable at times. I really like Nox, he's a great guy and I loved his relationship with Amy. I loved Madison and her character development was great. I loved that she went from being a typical High School snob to being a really kind person. I really liked all the side characters too. I'm not going to name all of them because there's way too many. I liked Dorothy's character even though she's evil. What can I say, I love evil character's in books, they make the stories more interesting. I loved that we got her pov in this book, that was a nice treat. So yeah, I liked all the main characters. 

Enjoyment-5/5
I really enjoyed reading this book just like the other 3. This series was fun to read. I'm a huge "Wizard of Oz" fan so this series was awesome. I had a great time reading these books and I have nothing bad to say about them. 

My overall rating for this book is 5/5 Lily Pads since I loved everything about it. The ending was a great conclusion and I'm sad that this series is over. It ended really well but I would be happy if there were more books. I haven't read any of the novellas yet, but I want to someday. I'm not sure when I'll get to them though. This series was really good. If you love retellings, I highly recommend this series. These books are definitely worth a buy. That was my review. Thank you so much for reading! I'll have more posts soon so stay tuned. Have a great day and happy reading!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment